Fellow applicants must:
- Be an active, life, honorary, affiliate (including PhDs) or allied health member of AUGS.
- Have a graduate degree and be in a current post-degree training program
- An MD or DO who has completed general Ob/Gyn or Urology residency training and a current fellow in either an accredited or non-accredited Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship program.
- A PhD currently in a post-doc fellowship program
- Have a senior research mentor or mentoring team. Mentors or co-investigators need not be members of AUGS.
- Only submit one application per cycle
- Insure that funded grants will remain at the same institution for the period of the research project. As described in the grant application instruction document (but repeated here), for those applicants whose tenure at a given institution may be shorter than the grant horizon (e.g. Fellows in the 2nd year of a 3 year fellowship), there are added requirements for the application. Clearly describe the plan for managing the final months of the research plan, including who will take over day-to-day management and how results will be analyzed, and shared.
- Prior recipients of the AUGS Foundation Research Grant, Astellas Research Grant (as a fellow), and/or the June Allyson Memorial Research Grant are not eligible for 2-year fellow grants.
Junior faculty applicants must:
- Be an active, life, honorary, affiliate (including PhDs) or allied health member of AUGS. However, a senior research mentor or co-investigator need not be a member of AUGS.
- Be one of the following:
- MD or DO (+/- PhD) with a faculty appointment at the Instructor or Assistant Professor level (or within 5 years of completion of training)
- MD or DO (+/- PhD) who is a practicing clinician within 5 years of fellowship or postgraduate training, actively involved in research.
- PhD with faculty appointment as Assistant Professor
- Have a senior research mentor, mentoring team, or multidisciplinary/translational component.
- Candidates at the Associate Professor or Professor level or > 5 years after completion of all postgraduate training. Prior recipients of a 2-year faculty AUGS Foundation research grant are not eligible for 2-year faculty awards.
- Prior recipients of an AUGS Foundation Research Grant, the June Allyson Research Grant, or Astellas Grant (awarded during fellowship) will not be eligible for 2-year faculty grants for two years from the date of successful completion of the previous award.