Join the leading organization providing cutting-edge information through continuing education opportunities, professional development resources, publications and advocacy for urogynecology and female urology professionals. Advance your career by becoming a member of the foremost society promoting Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.
Join online or print an application today! Existing members, click here to renew your membership dues for 2017.
View our Membership Categories and Join Today
Membership is on a calendar basis, January through December, and renewal notices are mailed to all members in October.
AUGS Membership Benefits
Online Members-Only Community
Provides members with a central resource to connect with your peers in the field of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. Features of this community include:
- Profile Creation – upload your photo, provide practice information and incorporate your social media pages like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter so that members and potential patients can view additional information about you. You are in control of what information can be viewed by AUGS members and potential patients.
- Access to announcements and discussion forums, which provide a platform for members to enhance professional development through discussion with others in the field
- AUGS Membership Directory – an online tool that allows members to locate other members and keep in touch throughout the year.
- AUGS Coding Q&A, where members can submit coding questions and receive an answer within 72 hours, as well as view all past coding questions and answers.
Find a Provider Directory
A central database accessible by women seeking a urogynecologist or physical therapy provider. Members can list their practice information, web site, training information and areas of practice. The provider directory is located on the AUGS patient website, www.voicesforpfd.org, as well as the Voices for PFD mobile app.
Subscriptions that keep members informed and up-to-date:
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, featuring the latest studies and developments in the field of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.
- FPMRS News, a weekly electronic newsletter, providing Society updates, grant information, information about Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, as well as upcoming events.
AUGS Urogynecology Quality Registry (AQUIRE)
AUGS physician members will have free access to AQUIRE, a national urogynecology-focused registry designed to measure and report healthcare quality and patient outcomes. The Registry has been developed by urogynecologists for urogynecologists and will be available for use January 2017. Click here to learn more.
Access to Education
Members receive reduced fees to all educational offerings. AUGS educational offerings include:
- PFD Week: An expansion of the very successful AUGS Annual Scientific Meeting. PFD Week has been created by AUGS to become the go-to meeting for health care professionals interested in or actively practicing Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Comphrehensive Review Course: A preparation course for the FPMRS Subspecialty Board Exam.
- FPMRS Education Portal: Access online educational offerings. View surgical videos from AUGS courses, Annual Scientific Meeting presentations, and a previously recorded webinar, the Introduction to FPMRS course for primary care physicians. The education portal is designed to be your central location for Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery online education.
Volunteer for a Committee
The Society's numerous committees are responsible for developing and maintaining the programs and policies that support the Society's mission. Members interested in volunteering should apply during the annual call for volunteers process which occurs in the spring. Lists of volunteers are considered by committee chairs when filling vacancies.
Participate in a Special Interest Group
AUGS Special Interest Groups (SIGs) serve as the primary vehicle for developing a sense of community around designated areas of interest, as well as provide focused education. Current SIGs include Allied Health, Basic Science, EMR, Fellows, Fellowship Program Directors, Mesh/Graft Use in Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery, Private Practice, and Global Health. Click here to learn more.
Member Code of Conduct
Membership in the American Urogynecologic Society entails a responsibility to uphold and further the Society's purposes and mission as set forth in the Society's Bylaws and the resolutions and decisions of its Board of Directors. The code of conduct was approved by the Board of Directors on March 1, 2013 and is effective for all new members and current members renewing their dues as of March 13, 2013. Members will be asked to read and agree to the code of conduct during the renewal and joining process. Click here to read the AUGS Member Code of Conduct.