Membership Categories and How to Apply
Membership is open to health care professionals with an interest in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery. There are four classes of regular membership:
- Physician ($495): Practicing clinician and/or serving in an academic role.
- Fellow ($170): Applicants who have not completed their medical training; in addition to completing the membership application, applicants must sign and return the Physician-in-Training letter to be eligible for the reduced member rate.
- Medical Student (Regular - Free, or $50 for online journal access): Applicants who have not completed their medical training; in addition to completing the membership application, applicants must sign and return the Physician-in-Training letter to be eligible for the reduced member rate.
- Resident (Regular - Free, or $50 for online journal access): Applicants who have not completed their medical training; in addition to completing the membership application, applicants must sign and return the Physician-in-Training letter to be eligible for the reduced member rate.
- Affiliate Member ($100): Includes physician's assistants, physical therapists, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, basic science researchers (non-MD researchers not practicing medicine)
- International Member ($100): Includes any physician, physician in training, or affiliate member who resides outside of the United States or Canada.
Corporate Member ($1500): Any company interested in and wishing to be identified as a health science corporate member who aligns with the mission and goals of AUGS is eligible for membership. Click here for a list of Corporate Member benefits and to download the membership application. View our current corporate members.
Regular Members (Physician, Affiliate, and International) of AUGS may apply for Life Membership upon retirement from professional activity. A regular member is someone who has been a Regular AUGS member in good standing for a minimum of 5 consecutive years or 10 non-consecutive years prior to applying for Life Membership. Any member who resumes professional activity related to health care will lose Life Member status, unless again fulfilling the criteria.
Privileges of Life Membership include participation at the AUGS annual business meeting (without a vote), access to the AUGS Member Center, AUGS member discount for the Annual Scientific Meetings and other educational meetings. Life Members are not eligible to serve on committees or the Board.
There are two classes of Life Membership:
• Life Member without Journal Subscription
• Life Member with Journal subscription ($70): Receives monthly issues of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.
To apply for Life Membership, please e‐mail a personal statement explaining your desire for Life Membership to email@example.com. All requests will be reviewed and approved by the Membership Committee at their next scheduled meeting.
Member Code of Conduct
Membership in the American Urogynecologic Society entails a responsibility to uphold and further the Society's purposes and mission as set forth in the Society's Bylaws and the resolutions and decisions of its Board of Directors. The code of conduct was approved by the Board of Directors on March 1, 2013 and is effective for all new members and current members renewing their dues as of March 13, 2013. Members will be asked to read and agree to the code of conduct during the renewal and joining process. Click here to read the AUGS Member Code of Conduct.
Join Online Now!!
Fax or Mail: To apply via fax or mail, download our membership application below and mail or fax form with check (made payable to AUGS) or credit card to:
American Urogynecologic Society
1100 Wayne Ave, Suite 670
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Download the Membership Application
Corporate Membership Application (PDF)