Purpose: The musculoskeletal system can create, influence and mimic many symptoms experienced in the pelvic region. As a result, it can be difficult to accurately diagnose and treat pelvic conditions. Upon completion of this course attendees will develop an in-depth understanding of how the musculoskeletal system impacts pelvic dysfunctions; learn skills for accurate internal and external MSK system assessment; and discuss how physical therapy treatment can benefit pelvic patients. Lab sessions utilizing live models, case studies and presentations will enhance the learning process.
Target Audience: Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who want to gain more in-depth knowledge of pelvic health and improve pelvic assessment skills
Objectives: At the conclusion of this competence-based educational activity, participants should be able to do the following:
1. Perform at least three basic external assessment skills necessary for assessing musculoskeletal pelvic conditions.
2. Explain how key muscle groups, both internal and external pelvic and core, are involved in pelvic floor conditions.
3. Analyze pelvic alignment and posture throughout the pelvic re-gion in order to improve accuracy in assessment of pelvic condi-tions.
4. Explain key components of pelvic physical therapy treatment in order to improve communication between practitioners.
5. Discriminate between practitioners who are qualified to perform quality pelvic floor physical therapy.
6. Identify at least four specific pelvic floor and hip muscles, during an internal vaginal assessment and how these muscles can impact patient’s symptoms.
7. Identify pelvic viscera in the anterior pelvic during an internal exam.
8. Explain how pelvic viscera in the anterior pelvic relate to pelvic floor conditions.
Speaker: Ingrid Harm-Ernandes, PT, WCS, BCB-PMD
Physical Therapist at Duke University Hospital
Early Bird up to March 23rd, 2018
$200 for Residents, Fellows, Nurses, PA’s, and Advanced Practice Providers
$300 for Physicians
After March 23rd, 2018
$225 for Residents, Fellows, Nurses, PA’s, and Advanced Practice Providers
$325 for Physicians
Pre Registration is required by Friday, March 30th, 2018!
Fee will include online handouts and certificate of completion. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Cancellations and Refunds: No refunds or vouchers will be issued unless we are notified by 5p on Friday, March 23rd, 2018. A $50 cancellation fee will be deducted from your registration fee, if a refund is issued.
Questions? Contact Jordan Toole at Jordan.email@example.com