The FPMRS Fellows Lecture Series is a new monthly webinar series for fellows. The webinars will be held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 8:00 pm Eastern and will provide supplemental education on core topics of a basic curriculum common to all programs.
AUGS would like to thank the following sponsors for their support of the FPMRS Fellows Lecture Series: Allergan, an AbbVie Company; Axonics; Coloplast; Medtronic.
Do You Want to Keep Your Uterus? Hysteropexy: Techniques, Outcomes, and Patient Preferences
Date: May 25, 2021
Time: 8 pm Eastern (7 pm Central, 5 pm Pacific)
Speakers: Olivia Chang, MD, MPH
This presentation will discuss the trend of uterine preservation in urogynecology, and review various surgical techniques for hysteropexy. This talk will focus on the role of uterine preservation from the patient perspective with a close examination of prolapse outcomes, surgical morbidity and patient valuation.
- To understand the trend of uterine preserving surgeries in gynecology and urogynecology
- Review standard techniques for uterine preserving surgeries
- To understand the variables that are important to patients and providers when deciding on uterien preservation
- Discuss the pros and cons of uterine preservation when accounting for prolapse outcomes and surgical morbidity
- To learn about the Value of Uterus (VALUS) scale to measure preferences for uterine preservation.
Looking for more webinars for fellows? In 2020, AUGS, SGS and SUFU created a limited webinar series to engage fellows in supplemental learning during the COVID-19 crisis. The series features virtual didactic lectures that align with the FPMRS Guide to Learning given by world-renowned faculty in urology and gynecology. A case-based panel discussion and Q&A session follows each lecture.
Access the webinars here.