Members interested in serving in a volunteer position should complete the application during our annual Call for Volunteers process which occurs in the spring (May). Throughout the year, AUGS may make additional opportunities available, at which time a Call for Volunteers will be issued.
FPMRS Journal Assistant Editor
The official AUGS journal, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, has made a commitment to provide regular opportunities for participation in the journal’s editorial activities. Effective January 1, 2019, several positions will become open. Individuals who are currently serving in these roles may re-apply.
Assistant Editors: up to 3 positions available (2-year term, renewable)
Following orientation and training, the Assistant Editors responsibilities include:
- Key ambassador for the journal
- Active participation in Visual Abstract project
- Quarterly Assistant Editor phone calls
- General assistance to the Editor in Chief
- Optimize journal standards
- Improve author experience
- Solicitation of quality FMPRS manuscripts
- Annual Editorial Board meeting (in person at AUGS)
- Frequent (monthly) manuscript reviews as experienced reviewers
The application for all open positions will be hosted in the AUGS Connect volunteer manager.
Prior to applying, please review: