New for 2024, AUGS has split the Resident Scholar Award into two categories to meet the needs of our residents. We are pleased to offer both the Resident Scholarship and the Outstanding Resident Achievement Award. Please carefully review the criteria and submission requirements for each prior to applying.
AUGS recognizes a need to provide resources, exposure, and support to residents who may be training in programs with limited to no exposure to urogynecology. The AUGS Resident Scholarship Program provides funded attendance to PFD Week (AUGS’ Annual Scientific Meeting), along with additional networking opportunities during the meeting.
- Identify residents with an interest in Urogynecology who have minimal or no exposure to the field of Urogynecology at their residency program.
- Provide an opportunity for residents to experience the AUGS annual meeting, have exposure to leaders in the field of urogynecology and participate in the meeting activities.
- Create a network among recipients and leaders in AUGS for life-long career development and support.
Any obstetrics and gynecology or urology resident who at the time of the application is not in their first or last year of residency. Applicants must be from an accredited residency program in the US or Canada. Applicants will be reviewed against the following criteria:
- Level of interest in Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery as evidenced by their personal statement.
- Overall need/perceived impact of the award on the resident as evidenced by their personal statement.
- Level of performance in their program as evidenced by the letter of support from a faculty member.
- Must be in good standing at their program as evidenced in the letter of support from their program director.
Application Deadline: February 27, 2024
AUGS now offers the Resident Scholarship and the Outstanding Resident Achievement Award as an alternative to the Resident Scholars Award. Please carefully review the criteria and submission requirements for each prior to applying.
- $1,000 travel stipend
- Complimentary meeting registration for PFD Week 2024