SAFE stands for Self-Assessment Fellows Exam. 2021 will be the sixth year for administering this online, web-based assessment tool designed for FPMRS fellows and programs. The “SAFE” exam is designed to test objectives found in the ABOG Guide to Learning and to encourage self-study.
The exam will be administered on March 9-10, 2021 with make-up dates of March 16-18, 2021.
Following the exam, program directors will receive their overall program results and fellows will receive their own individual results. As always, we look forward to your feedback on the process and on the exam itself.
Registration is open through November 23, 2020. The exam is included in the benefits of the Program Member fees. Programs who have not taken advantage of this member type will pay $285 to participate in the exam. To see the correct registration fee, the Program Director must be logged into their AUGS account.
- The test is meant to serve solely as a self-assessment tool for individual fellows. Fellows will receive their results as well as learning objectives with current references tied to missed questions. It is hoped this will help fellows to identify content areas on which to focus. All participating program directors will receive their program’s results.
- AUGS is the sole sponsoring organization; the questions are written by a highly dedicated group of AUGS volunteers who have undergone training by the NBME in exam writing skills.
- The test will be web-based and logistical information will be sent the week before the exam.
- The recommended time for the exam is 3 hours, although most fellows will finish in less than 2 hours.
- The items on the exam have not been validated, meaning valid comparisons cannot be made between fellow scores. As in the past, we will not release exam statistics.
If you have any questions regarding the SAFE Exam, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.