SAFE stands for Self-Assessment Fellows Exam. 2019 will be the fourth year for administering this online, web-based assessment tool designed for FPMRS fellows and programs. The “SAFE” exam is designed to test objectives found in the ABOG Guide to Learning and to encourage self-study.
The exam will be administered on March 12-13, 2019 with make-up dates of March 26-28, 2019. The exam is offered free of charge for all fellows, but registration is required.
Following the exam, program directors will receive their overall program results and fellows will receive their own individual results. As always, we look forward to your feedback on the process and on the exam itself.
- The test is meant to serve solely as a self-assessment tool for individual fellows. Fellows will receive their results as well as learning objectives with current references tied to missed questions. It is hoped this will help fellows to identify content areas on which to focus. All participating program directors will receive their program’s results.
- AUGS is the sole sponsoring organization; the questions are written by a highly dedicated group of AUGS volunteers who have undergone training by the NBME in exam writing skills.
- The test will be web-based and logistical information will be sent the week before the exam.
- The recommended time for the exam is 3 hours, although most fellows will finish in less than 2 hours.
- The items on the exam have not been validated, meaning valid comparisons cannot be made between fellow scores. As in the past, we will not release exam statistics.
If you have any questions regarding the SAFE Exam, please contact email@example.com.