Research Survey Policy and Review Dates
AUGS members seeking to survey the membership, or subsections of the membership, may submit an AUGS Survey Request Form below. All surveys are to be submitted to and adjudicated by the Scientific Committee; independent surveys conducted via membership directories, distribution lists or listservs are strictly prohibited. The Scientific Committee will approve surveys based on scientific merit and value of the proposed project; the Committee reserves the right to request additional information.
Two types of surveys are available to members.
- Electronically distributed surveys
- Electronic surveys are to be submitted for consideration twice per year. Requests must be submitted to the Scientific Committee by January 31 and June 30.
- A maximum of two surveys will be selected to be distributed to members for each deadline.
- If revisions are recommended by the Scientific Committee only one revision will be allowed.
- Following approval, the survey will be distributed to AUGS membership at large, or designated subcategory, by AUGS.
- It is preferred for the survey to be administered by the survey author, providing a link for distribution by AUGS staff. Alternatively, AUGS staff can administer the survey, if requested, and provide collected data to the survey/project authors at the conclusion. No data processing or statistical analysis will be provided by AUGS staff.
- There is a $200 fee for surveys approved for electronic distribution.
- In-person surveys distributed at PFD Week
- Up to 2 survey projects may be approved for distribution at PFD Week.
- Requests must be submitted to the Scientific Committee by June 30.
- Survey author is responsible for printing all surveys and mailing them to the meeting site in advance. AUGS staff will ensure the survey is included in the attendee packets.
- AUGS staff will provide collection boxes for completed surveys near the Registration Desk and/or at the back of the conference hall, and will mail collected surveys to the designated individuals.
- AUGS staff will not provide data entry, content evaluation or statistical analysis services.
- There is a $250 fee for surveys approved for in-person distribution at PFD Week.
It is expected that academic projects arising from AUGS surveys will be submitted for consideration to the AUGS journal (Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery) and/or for presentation at an AUGS event such as PFD Week. Approval of a survey does not guarantee publication in the FPMRS journal or presentation at AUGS’ Annual Scientific Meeting.
Utilization of AUGS Generated Research Policy
Any research initiated, sponsored and/or generated by AUGS and its Committees, Networks or at face-to-face meetings may not be released to the press or be used for the purposes of presentation or publication in a scientific journal without the permission of the AUGS Board of Directors or their designee. Requests for usage of data should be submitted to email@example.com for review and consideration. Any repurposing of survey findings must include the following acknowledgement: Data for this paper was used with permission from AUGS.
Information for Authors
- Surveys will be reviewed biannually. Submission due dates: January 31 and June 30. Surveys submitted by those dates will be reviewed at the next committee meeting, which is generally held in the month following the submission date.
- Survey should take no longer than 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
- The majority of questions should be ‘clickable’ answers (yes/no, multiple choice), answers requiring free writing should be kept to a minimum.
- Survey should be submitted in as the authors wish it to appear in software; word or PDF format is acceptable.
- All proposed surveys should include terminology that stipulates, “by participating in this activity, you attest that you are over the age of 18 years, and consent to participate.” Additional consent language may be requested at the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
- The same submission dates apply for resubmission as initial submission.
- Surveys can be resubmitted for up to one year after feedback is received.
- Only one submission is allowed per survey.
- Survey will be open for 6 weeks; after initial distribution, survey will be posted on the research section of the website. Reminders will be sent at three weeks and 48 hours before the survey closes.
The AUGS Scientific Committee favors surveys whose goal is publication. To that end please answer the following questions to help assess the scientific rigor of your survey. These items are not required but will support your application.