Members interested in serving in a volunteer position should complete the application during our annual Call for Volunteers process which occurs in the spring (May). Throughout the year, AUGS may make additional opportunities available, at which time a Call for Volunteers will be issued.
FPMRS Assistant Editor
Deadline: Monday, September 28
The Editor-in-Chief of Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery has made a commitment to provide regular opportunities for participation in the journal’s editorial activities. Effective January 1, 2021, several positions will become open. Individuals who are currently serving in these roles may re-apply.
Assistant Editor: 3 positions available (2-year term, renewable); individuals holding current role may apply.
Following orientation and training, the Assistant Editors responsibilities include:
- Key ambassador for the journal
- Active participation in the Visual Abstract project
- Creation of FPMRS journal Tweetorials
- Assistant Editor phone calls (approximately every 8 weeks)
- General assistance to the Editor-in-Chief
- Optimize journal standards
- Improve author experience
- Solicitation of quality FPMRS manuscripts
- Annual Editorial Board meeting (in person or virtual at PFD week meeting)
- Frequent (monthly) manuscript reviews as experienced reviewer
Submission Process: Interested individuals should submit the following:
- Applicant’s professional goals related to the role and prior editorial experience, if any;
- Other commitments to editorial boards or journals;
- Updated curriculum vitae; and
- Commentary and critique of current FPMRS journal practice, including assessment of website, print version, and social media presence. (Approximately one page maximum.)
Decision and Notification: The individuals selected will be notified of their new roles no later than the week of October 5, 2020. Other applicants will be notified shortly thereafter.
The application for all open positions will be hosted in the AUGS Connect volunteer manager.
Prior to applying, please review: