AUGS Clinical Meeting
January 25-27, 2024 | Virtual
Surgical experts from Urogynecology and Colo-Rectal Surgery come together in one forum to provide expert advice on challenging patient scenarios. Using a case-based, interactive approach, this course is designed to offer practical clinical and surgical pearls for the management of women with complex pelvic floor disorders and complications.
This course aims to impart, through its diverse faculty, clinical acumen that can otherwise take years to accumulate beyond fellowship training. Throughout this 3-day virtual course, participants will be able to join multi-faculty sessions that include panel discussions and debates.
In partnership with Latin American urogynecologists, the 2024 Clinical Meeting will also feature sessions that provide perspectives in treatment of POP/UI in Latin America.
Early Bird Rate
Deadline: Dec. 5, 2023
Deadline: Jan. 26, 2024
|Physician, Affiliate, and International Members
|Fellow, Resident, and Medical Student Members
Call for Difficult Case Submissions
If you are interested in submitting a difficult case for consideration during the complex case panel discussion, please submit the following to email@example.com by December 15, 2023.
Please submit a clinical scenario, ideally a real patient case, where you're uncertain about the optimal next steps in diagnosis and/or treatment. The case can involve a rare condition or a common one but should present multiple options in how to best approach the problem, prompting valuable discussions among experts and audience about the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
Page limit – 1 Page, Calibri 11 font or equivalent including images/figures
At the conclusion of this meeting, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize the techniques of native tissue vaginal repair for advanced pelvic organ prolapse (POP).
- Apply methods that are used to manage surgical complications that occur during urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse procedures.
- Explain advanced techniques in laparoscopic and robotic surgery that improve efficiency and outcomes.
- Understand different approaches to the surgical correction of POP that in the past some clinicians would have repaired with transvaginal mesh.
- Identify evidence-based research on synthetic and non-synthetic materials used in the operative management of pelvic floor prolapse and urinary incontinence.
- Describe management strategies for intra- and post-operative complications.
- Recognize the medical and surgical management strategies for colo-rectal disorders including fecal incontinence, rectal prolapse, and obstructive defecation syndromes.
- Identify techniques by which practitioners can diagnose and treat recurrent urinary tract infections, myofascial pelvic and bladder pain syndromes.
- Identify cost-effective strategies for practice building.
View 2024 Schedule View 2024 Speakers
At the conclusion of Clinical Meeting 2024, attendees will be able to access an online meeting evaluation and claim their CME credits. The information will be posted in the meeting app and sent via e-mail to all attendees. Only attendees who join the meeting in real time may claim CME for this course.
The American Urogynecologic Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Urogynecologic Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The purpose of the AUGS Clinical Meeting is intended to inform participants about the knowledge, techniques and experiences of subspecialists who are willing to share such information with colleagues. A diversity of professional opinion exists in the specialty and AUGS disclaim any and all liability for damages to any individual attending this meeting and for all claims which may result from the use of information, technologies, products and/or services discussed during this course.
All registrants will have access to session recordings for up to 30 days following the course. If you purchased the On-Demand Bundle, the recordings will be made available within 30 days following the course for approximately one year. No refunds will be issued for this course.