This course is designed to help members understand how to succeed within the new Quality Payment Program and to qualify for a bonus for the 2017 reporting year. Purchase on-demand access to the course and learn more about the tools and resources AUGS has available to help you fulfill this new physician reimbursement model.
Medicare’s new Quality Payment Program has been put into legislation and reforms the way Medicare reimburses health care providers. There are significant financial incentives and penalties for physicians and hospitals based on their quality of care that started January 1, 2017. This interactive session will prepare you to make key strategic, financial, and operational decisions regarding MACRA, plus provide tools and guidance to help you design a successful action plan in the future. Participants will have any opportunity to begin to assess their “readiness” for MIPS or an advanced APM and also spend some time considering the complex interplay between this payment system, ACOs, and health system finance.
This course will:
- Provide detailed explanations of the MACRA Quality Payment Program's requirements
- Detail the two different tracks that make up the QPP - the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs) - and each of their different rules
- Highlight issues you should consider now and in the future to ensure that your practice can successfully navigate these Medicare changes
- Showcase AUGS’ Urogynecology Quality Registry, AQUIRE, a national urogynecology-focused registry designed to measure and report healthcare quality and patient outcomes
- Provide answers to the most challenging coding questions
Sarah Hamilton Boyles, MD, MPH
Robert Flora, MD, MBA, MPH
Michael K. Flynn, MD, MS
Jerry Lowder, MD, MSc
Jill Rathbun, Galileo Consulting Group
Mitchell Schuster, MD
Jonathan Shepherd, MD
Ryan Stratford, MD, MBA
Blair Washington, MD, MHA
This course is designed for physicians, coding staff, practice managers
$250 for AUGS members and non-members. Includes access to the on-demand course and faculty presentation slides.