AUGS formal leadership program seeks to identify future leaders of the organization with a special emphasis on junior members. The curriculum was designed by Dr. Deborah Myers, Past President and Dr. Adam Steinberg, Board Director at Large and features both didactic learning and engagement with AUGS committees, special interest groups, task forces, abstract review, and/or sub-committee work.
Goals and Objectives of the Program
- Identify future leaders of the organization with special emphasis on junior members.
- Mentor junior members to become AUGS leaders.
- Educate participants on AUGS history, governance structure and what it means to be a volunteer leader.
The program consists of didactic learning, assigned reading, group projects, and engagement within AUGS through committees, special interest groups, task forces, abstract reviews, and/or sub-committee work.
Course topics include:
- AUGS governance and assigned reading introduction
- Overview of AUGS organizational structure
- The meaning of a 501c3 organization
- Association leadership and responsibilities of the board of directors
- Fiduciary stewardship, legal obligations, roles and expectations
- How to be an effective volunteer leader at any level
- Overview of AUGS Financials
Chi Chung Grace Chen