AUGS formal leadership program seeks to identify future leaders of the organization with a special emphasis on junior members. The curriculum was designed by Dr. Deborah Myers, Past President and Dr. Adam Steinberg, and features both didactic learning and engagement with AUGS committees, special interest groups, task forces, abstract review, and/or sub-committee work.
The AUGS Leadership Program is offered every other year, with applications being accepted in 2020 for the 2021 cycle. Those interested in receiving information about the next cycle should join our mailing list by completing the form below.
Goals and Objectives
- Identify future leaders of the organization with special emphasis on junior members
- Mentor junior members to become AUGS leaders
- Educate participants on AUGS history, governance structure and what it means to be a volunteer leader
- AUGS Members in good standing for at least three years
- Members who are active in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery clinically or through basic science
- 15 years or less out of training who have demonstrated leadership skills within organized medicine or community involvement and have an interest in developing these skills
Selection Requirements and Process
- Applicants will complete application which includes:
- Personal statements (1-2 pages) describing why they should be chosen
- Signed statement stating they will have the time to participate, pay dues for the next three years, be able to attend the designated in-person meetings and signature of support from the chairperson of your department
- Nine applicants will be chosen for the program
- Individuals are selected based upon the strengths, enthusiasm and relevance of their personal statement, and the commitment to education and leadership
- After program completion, participants will be expected to be active in the following year’s Leadership Program, as well as hold a voluntary position within AUGS (committee, task force, leadership program mentor).
Jill McHenry Danford
Megan Elizabeth Tarr
Chi Chung Grace Chen
Join Our Mailing List