This is an annual scholarship to subsidize attendance and participation in the Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management at Brandeis University. The course takes place June 14–20, 2020.
AUGS and the American College of Surgeons
- $8,000 to cover tuition, travel, housing and subsistence during the course
- The award is open to surgeons who are members in good standing of both the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS). Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 60, on the date that the completed application is filed.
- The scholarship must be used in the year for which it is designated. It cannot be postponed.
- The Scholar is required to provide one year’s health policy-related assistance to the ACS and the AUGS, attending meetings, reviewing applications, and participating as a pro tem member of the health policy committee as requested.
- The College anticipates that program alumni will serve as state councilors for the SurgeonsVoice Program, its grassroots initiative aimed at establishing relationships with members of Congress.
- A brief report of the Scholar’s experiences and activities is due at the conclusion of the course and of the scholarship period. A simple accounting of expenses is also required.
- The application is submitted via e-mail to email@example.com as a single PDF document consisting of:
- A cover sheet that includes contact information (name, preferred postal address, e-mail address) and specifies the name of the scholarship: ACS/AUGS Scholarship
- One-page essay discussing:
- Why the applicant wishes to receive the scholarship
- How the scholarship will fill a gap in applicant’s training or experience
- Goals or plans to use the newly acquired knowledge or skills in his or her practice or community
- A current NIH-style biosketch (five-page maximum)
Additional Funding Sources
- Application for this award may be submitted even if comparable application to other organizations has been made. If the recipient accepts a similar scholarship from another agency or organization, the scholarship will be withdrawn. It is the responsibility of the recipient to notify the Scholarships Administrator of the ACS of competing awards.
- February 3, 2020, at 11:59 pm Central Time
For more information on the Heller School Program, visit their website. Questions may be directed to the ACS Scholarships Administrator at 312-202-5281.