This is an annual scholarship to subsidize attendance and participation in the Executive Leadership Program in Health Policy and Management at Brandeis University. The course takes place June 4-10, 2023.
AUGS and the American College of Surgeons
- $8,000 to cover tuition, travel, housing and subsistence during the course
The award is open to surgeons who are members in good standing of both the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS). Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 60, on the date that the completed application is filed.
- The scholarship must be used in the year for which it is designated. It cannot be postponed.
- The Scholar is required to provide one year’s health policy-related assistance to the ACS and the AUGS, attending meetings, reviewing applications, and participating as a pro tem member of the health policy committee as requested.
- The College anticipates that program alumni will serve as state councilors for the SurgeonsVoice Program, its grassroots initiative aimed at establishing relationships with members of Congress.
- A brief report of the Scholar’s experiences and activities is due at the conclusion of the course and of the scholarship period. A simple accounting of expenses is also required.
Applicants are required to submit an online application, below is what is expected in the application:
1. Contact information (name, preferred postal address, e-mail address) and attestation.
2. A single PDF document that includes the following:
Additional Funding Sources
Application for this award may be submitted even if comparable application to other organizations has been made. If the recipient accepts a similar scholarship from another agency or organization, the scholarship will be withdrawn. It is the responsibility of the recipient to notify the Scholarships Administrator of the ACS of competing awards.
March 15, 2023
For more information on the Heller School Program, visit their website. Questions may be directed to the ACS Scholarships Administrator at 312-202-5281. More information regarding this scholarship can be found on the ACS website.